Friday, November 14, 2014

Pickey Peak to Phaplu

As the sun rose at 05:30 we began our acent to Pickey Peak. The last 400 meters of climbing now seemed like nothing. The little devil on my shoulder, who had been with me the whole trip telling me I would never make it to the top, began to lose its hold on me. As the top came closer and closer I could see the sun rising above the peak of Pickey. Just focusing on putting one foot in front of the other I climbed higher and higher. And suddenly there I was on the top of Pickey Peak in the
shadow of Mount Everest. I fell to my knees I was so happy I had made it all the way to the top.

After a good break on the peak we headed down. We rode some amazing and challenging downhill trails all the way down. The fast and gnarly forrest trails of Pickey made the long climb up there worth it. Of course there was no time for pictures on the way down. After we reached the bottom we had a good climb before we arrived in Phaplu. We were to stay in a grand mansion, in great luxury, for a change.















1 comment:

  1. AMAZING!!! Neste gang er jeg med! Starter treningen rett etter India :D

    ReplyDelete