Sunday, November 2, 2014

Katmandu

After waking up in my hotel in Katmandu I had a great breakfast and got to know some good people. An Austrian couple who were mountain bike instructors, a french guy who works at a campsite in the south of France, a British woman who is a midwife and is doing volunteer work in Nepal ,a Nepalese guy who runs the hotel and a German guy who is in Nepal working on his phd. After a great breakfast, some coffee and chit chat we headed out for our first bike ride in Nepal.

We rode through the city and out to a nearby farming area. We rode across makeshift suspension bridges into some beautiful landscape. Tall mountains were above us as we rode some really nice single track. I took a couple of tumbles as I was not used to the dry soil. All in all an awesome first ride and it fills me with anticipation of what is to come.



























No comments:

Post a Comment