Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Moscow Train Ride


After spending half a day in Helsinki we headed for the train station. From here on I would be traveling alone. We said our goodbyes at the train station and I got on board the train for Moscow. The train will take 17 hours from Helsinki to Moscow, its an overnighter so its not that bad. Thankfully I had some great company on the journey, I got to know Yuri and Kari as we had some beers in the train restaurant. The restaurant itself was clad in neon green and was a really classy place.. Anyway once we got to the boarder the Russian border guards started hassling me a bit because I had arrived 2 hours earlier than was specified on my visa. For a moment I thought they were going to throw me off the train but thankfully they were just grandstanding. So after a couple of beers and some interesting conversations we turned in for the night.





No comments:

Post a Comment