Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Beijing - Day 2

So it has been raining badly all morning so I spent the most of the morning at the hotel just relaxing. When the rain finally stopped I made some rounds in the Xicheng district where my guesthouse is located. The area is 600 years old and contains a myriad of small shops and food stands. After making the rounds I stopped off at a nice Chinese restaurant and got some excellent food. At night I managed to get lost in what I think is the banking district of Beijing. Its really strange being lost somewhere you don't speak the language and all the road signs are written in an alphabet you know nothing about. Still I made it back and it was a memorable night in the streets of Beijing. Tomorrow, if the weather holds, I will be going to the Forbidden City. I can't wait.










No comments:

Post a Comment